Wednesday, October 5, 2011

AhHa!

In every human life, there is at least one "AhHa" moment, a moment when something becomes clear.  At that point, we are often presented with a problem, an answer, an insight, or a choice.
When I say an "AhHa" moment, I don't mean a profound truth read on a blog or in a book, or learned at the feet of a guru, preacher or teacher.  I mean some moment when those things you may have known intellectually become infused with your whole BEING-body, mind and spirit.
Sometimes the truth of those moments lasts a lifetime, and sometimes that truth is as fleeting as a dandelion seed on a windy day.  Either way, those moments can be transformative.
We want to hear about your "AhHa" moments.  There can be great value in sharing our wisdom stories.  Someone else may need to hear about your "AhHa" to use it as a stepping stone toward their own.  (Even dandelion fluff has to land somewhere.)  The more "AhHa" moments there are in the world, especially those rooted in love, the better off we will all be.  (When I say rooted in Love, that means any Love-based feeling or action:  gratitude, compassion, forgiveness, laughter, hope, grief, generosity, peace, etc.)
We ask you to share YOUR AhHa moments in the comments section of this post.  (That’s where you will be able to read ours as well.)  
Share your wisdom.  Share your love.

1 comment:

  1. I was at a busy beach, in the water with Deb, my sister, and another friend. I leaned back in the water to float. Kids were splashing nearby. Adults were laughing and grilling hot dogs. My friends were having a conversation next to me. Fish were nibbling. Dogs were catching frisbees in between barking. Boats were zooming by, creating a bit of a wake and a grrrrrr sound. I could hear and feel all of this as I lay in the water with my ears under the surface. I relaxed into the moment and felt totally at peace and tottaly connected to everything and everyone around me. I realized for a moment that this was what Buddhists call "zen". I immediately jumped up and said "I feel 'zen'! The moment that I put a word to the feeling, I lost it, and I felt seperate again. Not seperate in a bad or disjointed way, just seperate as in I felt my personhood as distinct from everyone and everything around me. I was an individual again.

    ReplyDelete